USCG Captain's Licensing Courses
San Francisco Bay
Long Beach, CA - Lake Tahoe, NV
U.S. Coast Guard Approved
Dynamic, Instructor-Led Classroom Courses
3-Weekend OUPV "6-Pack" Course & Exam - $695
3-Day Upgrade to Master 25/50/100-Ton - $325
New! USCG-Approved First Aid / CPR / Physical & Drug Test
98% Pass Rate
"Old-School Experience with New-School Attitude"TM
Included with all courses:
Assistance with the USCG Application Process
Job Referral Program for our Licensed Graduates
Ongoing Industry Interaction as a Member of the SmartCaptains Community
what people say
- Awesome course! Great instruction (thanks, Skipper!), ultra-convenient schedule, effective learning content, and all at a great price! AME, thanks for helping me fulfill a dream I’ve had for decades!
- I couldn’t have asked for a better experience! Our instructor did a great job teaching the course material and sharing hands-on knowledge from a lifetime in the industry that one would never find in a book. The weekend class setup was perfect for my busy weekday schedule. Thanks for making this such a fun and rewarding step toward my new career!
Capt. Cheryl A.
- I am happy to report that I just received my license! Can’t thank you enough, I couldn’t have done it without you! I really appreciate the way the class is designed and the instructor’s personal touch of teaching.
Capt. Len A.
- The fun and easy-to-learn format gave me plenty of time to negotiate my life, work, and studying. I loved the enthusiastic style paired with real-world knowledge and working examples of the information presented.
Capt. Nico C.
- One of the most genuine, knowledgeable, and friendly instructors of any course I have ever taken.
Capt. Dan A.
- I have always been somewhat intimidated by the complicated jargon of the USCG Navigation Rules. Now, thanks to the unique “new school” style of instruction and the relaxed classroom environment, they are ‘second nature.’ Thank you, AME!
Capt. Zoe W.
- Great course, and SUPER convenient. If you have the will, this course provides the way!! I can’t thank you enough – you’ve gotten me started on a great new career.
Capt. Richard H.
Which USCG Captain's License is for Me?
(Recreational-Built Vessels – Power and Sail Vessels for Hire) or
(Commercial-Built Vessels – Ferries, Commercial Fishing Boats, Dining Cruise Vessels, Water Taxis, etc.)
For Licenses Comparison Click the “USCG Licenses” Tab Above